Saturday, July 7, 2007

Days Gone By Now

It seems I shouldn't be calling each time I do a Somatic Lesson a "day" now because, days have gone by and I haven't done my Somatic Lessons. I consciously took a break one night, went to bed earlier, then the next night I did the same thing, went to bed rather than somatic lesson it, next night I did the somatic lessons a little bit, then I went on a mini-vacation at a hot spring and geyser the next night and after the 3 mile hike into the forest, I tried sleeping on top of a steaming rock, the next night I came back really really tired because I didn't sleep much on the warm rock with the cold wind between the steam but I did the 1.5 hour somatic lessons a little bit out of memory since the book was in my car, then, last night, I decided to sleep again rather than doing the 1.5 hours of somatic lessons at midnight. Now I've caught up on sleep and I have a full day of work today. I hope that I do it tonight, a little bit earlier.... After all, I am going to get more pictures of my back taken on Tuesday when my mom comes over with her camera.... I need to bring back that restful feeling in my spine, where all mechanics are working properly -- I have felt my spine revert a little bit back to having a hump, the hump is more rounded again, less flat, less flexible again.

I read some people's writings on their experience with somatics, many of them go to a practitioner once a week and do some intense somatic lessons there, then they go home and do others - I doubt the 1.5 hours that I have been doing. It started feeling really intense, as my muscles were starting to really be used in another way, like when you go on a 10 mile hike uphill, the next days your legs are sore. That's why I took a break, well now the break has been too long. I did notice on the days where I did the lessons a little in between the breaks that my muscles were still feeling the use and the soreness, almost like stopping for a rest during that 10 mile hike, you don't want to get up again at first, my body has been feeling like it doesn't want to do the lessons, but once I do the lessons, I feel so good....

No comments: