Sunday, July 1, 2007

Day 7

Summer full moon, mmm... was yesterday.

Having a stable home and life is paying off, I have been doing these exercises and I feel great. The twitching that I was having during days 1 - 4 is slowing down, the soreness is residing. Still there is soreness in the lower right side, just inside and above my hip. This place has been contracted and small and in an awkward position for a long while -- there wasn't enough room for my large intestines! Since I my muscles are feeling somewhat worked, moving in ways that they haven't, I have been slowing down on how deeply I go with my breath and my movements, really focusing on relaxing while releasing and slowly moving the muscles, feeling every fiber.

I notice that the right side of my back "the hump" takes most of the movement onto its muscles. I am feeling the right back of my rib cage begin to be more aware to its ability to move - very nice.

Already, my spine is straighter, I can lower my right side of my rib cage to the ground, it does it naturally now. I have more movement ability in all of my spine. Yoga is easier too.

Yoga has always helped, but somatics feels that it goes to the core. It teaches my muscles how to move, the ones that have been in the "void" stage of movement for so long, and no matter how much I stretched.

No comments: